Sunday, July 13, 2008

Why is adopting a dog so darn hard....

For the last two weeks, I have been looking for the right dog to join our family. On Monday, I sent in an application for a 1 1/2 old Shih Tzu. After Kiran and my SIL went to see Lulu, the foster mom denied us because because she would be only 8 hours a day during the school year. That was the only reason. She thought Kiran did a great job with all the dogs she saw that day. Kiran is so ready to be a pet owner. She wants a dog so badly. For the last two months, she cries daily for a dog. She is so gentle and kind with any animal she sees. My brother had to put down their dog down in April and Kiran took to very hard. She would spend so much time with Bruno, talking to him, petting him and playing with him. Our only problem is living in a town house, we will only be able to adopt a dog under 25 pounds.

My cousin lives on a small farm. They have sheep and chickens. Kiran gathers the eggs, plays with sheep and loves the barn cats not to mention the two dogs that hang out.

It might have been easier adopting a child.....

3 comments:

Green tea said...

Thats to bad..have you tried the humane society??
They must have small dogs.
We have had one dog in our married life, a miniature Poodle, He died at 15 1/2 and it was so hard.
I decided no more pets.

Stacy said...

I agree, look into a local shelter. I got Zuki at a shelter, she was only 6.5 months old. (I actually wanted a 2-3 year old cat but this kitten grabbed my heart.) I also know some friends who found their dog online, I think the site was petfinder.com or something like that. Kinda a photolisting for pets.

I hope Kiran gets the puppy she wants soon.

alan said...

We've never had to go find one yet, we always seem to end up with them finding us...

Still, there has to be a way!

Bulletin boards at the grocery? Your local veterinarian? Craig's List?

alan