Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dumb things people say....

Almost six years ago, one of the most wonderful 8 month old girl arrived in my arms from India.

These are some of the comments that people have said to me:

Are you adopting from India because they are so smart in math?
Is she dots or feathers? meaning Native American or Indian
How much did she cost?
When she was three, I had an educator ask me how her English was coming along.

This was the best one, Do you rub her skin every night? This person thought that because the bottom of her feet were so light, the color just rubbed off. To my disbelief, he really thought that I would try to make her skin lighter.

7 comments:

Green tea said...

I wondered what happened to you, just about the time I start blogging you disappeared..
Come see me..

Heidi said...

Thanx for letting me know your new " location". :)

Hope all is well~

Dr. Deb said...

Oy vey, the things people say. So glad I found you again. Was missing ya!

alan said...

Happy to have you in my life again!

alan

Green tea said...

Wondering how your summer is going?

Hope all is well with you and Kiran
are doing OK..

Guilty Secret said...

Wow those things people have said to you are really shockingly stupid! Funny though I guess... :)
GS

yellowdoggranny said...

how dumb can people be.?...congratulations on the baby girl..