Thursday, August 30, 2007

43 years

Last Friday, I turned 43. I was enjoying a glass of wine with my SIL and I asked the question, "What have I done in my 43 years?" My SIL, knew I was a little down and replied, "What haven't you done?"

My list of things not accomplished but would like to.......

-Never been married, would like to at some point.
-Go on a cruise...
-Go to India...
Meet Inger and family......

Things I have accomplished or have.......

Became a parent to a wonderful first grader!!!
Graduated from college and have a Master's degree in Teaching and Learning.
I moved 2,000 away from the safety of my parents to teach in Houston for three years....
Have taught some really wonderful kids over the last 20 years. Hopefully I had a positive impact in their lives.
I have been in the presence of Pope John Paul twice!
Met Bill and Hillary Clinton! (ok, I just shook their hands!)
Campaigned for Paul Wellstone...
Have attended a baseball all-star game.
Been present for two world series championships.......Love those Twins!!!!
Been to the Final Four....
Went to Italy .........

I surrounded myself with a great network of friends on and off the internet.....

I am the aunt to several wonderful nieces and nephews......

My family is terrific.....

Ok, after that list, it wasn't all that terrible. I have accomplished or done many things some people only dream of...

I love and am loved by many.....

It isn't so bad being 43 after all.....

9 comments:

alan said...

A belated Happy Happy birthday to someone who is a joy and an inspiration to me!

Would that I was half as wonderful as you!

alan

Connie in FL said...

Happy Birthday!

Sounds like you've accomplished quite a lot in only 43 years.

Enjoy working on those things you still desire.

puhpaul said...

Hey, welcome to the 43 club. I turned 43 in January.

I'm with you on a lot of the things on your list, but conniejane is right. You have accomplished a lot of good things in those 43 years.

paul

Green tea said...

I wish I was 43 again :D

Some where there is a guy looking for a Mary..when you least expect it, he'll tap you on the shoulder.
Go to caucuses next Feb. and you will meet a ton of people and through them who knows who you will meet.
Meanwhile..Happy Belated Birthday

dondon009 said...

Happy Belated Birthday and so glad you've rejoined the blogosphere!

Your accomplishments are remarkable and you should be proud of who you are, who you've become!

At 43, I was still living in Boston searching for signs of intelligent life in this great universe....

Many years later, I'm still searching but there is hope. You and my other wonderful friends are proof of that!

Don~

taza said...

at 43 i was trying desperately to leave the Last Alcoholic Man In My Life. thankfully i succeeded! i have never married and by this time (i'm 50) don't suppose i will.

however, that hasn't stopped me from having a wonderful son and a great circle of friends.

enjoy your victories, for they are many!

Cathy said...

You have done so much! Focus on what you have done, and not what you haven't....and Happy Birthday" 43 sounds like a perfect age to me.

Dr. Deb said...

Happy Birthday.

Now go make those other wishes real!

puhpaul said...

Hey, how was your first week back to school? Mine completely knackered me.

paul